Authorized Dealer of Motorized Blinds & Smart Shades from Hunter Douglas
As an authorized dealer of Hunter Douglas window treatments, we are proud to supply their motorized shades and blinds to customers across Long Island. Let's take a closer look at these features and why they are great for many homeowners. If you are interested in purchasing these motorized blinds and smart shades, please reach out to us today.
We can help you choose the perfect motorized blinds and smart shades from Hunter Douglas. We are an authorized dealer of Hunter Douglas window treatments. Get the best window treatments on the market when you turn to The Shade Factory. Helping home and business owners across Long Island, New York with all of their window treatment needs.
Control Options Available
When you utilize the smart shades from Hunter Douglas, you have a few options for controlling them. Those options are the PowerView App, the PowerView remote, and the PowerView Gateway. Let's find out more about these control options at your disposal.
You can use the PowerView app in order to control the smart shades. With it, easily activate preset or customized scenes that move each of your shades to their preferred positions and then simply schedule operations on their own throughout the day. The app is compatible with both Apple and Android smartphones and tablets.
The handheld remote can easily operate up to six groups of window treatments, which gives you an on-demand control. The remote comes in range of fun and stylish colors. There is also the option to select a wall-mounted remote in case you were worried about misplacing the handheld one.
Get the most from the system by adding the PowerView Gateway, which provides users with integration with other manufacturers' smart home systems and gives you access to Remote Connect. This feature allows you to adjust your shades from anywhere in the world! The gateway also acts as a range extender for larger homes and provides the best experience for shades in multiple rooms.
Voice Assistants with Smart Shades
The best technologies act as voice assistants for the smart shades from Hunter Douglas.
Use It With Alexa
With Alexa, you can activate the shades or scenes with a simple voice command. For example, you can say "Alexa, open kitchen shades" and you do not even need to touch a button to get that natural sunlight pouring into your kitchen. You can enable this feature directly in the app, but will need the PowerView Gateway in order to integrate with Amazon Alexa.
It Work With Google Assistant
Using the Google Assistant makes it easy to control shades individually or through scenes. And since it is powered by Google Home, it is able to distinguish your voice from others in your home, which creates a more personalized experience. Simply say your command, like, "OK Google, close bedroom shades" and you wish will come true. However, like with Alexa, you will need the PowerView Gateway and a device enabled with the Google Assistant in order to connect to your Google account.
Power Options For Motorized Smart Shades
Here is a list of the power options for these motorized smart shades:
- Rechargeable Battery Wand: This power is environmentally friendly and UL Certified with a battery life that is about 1 year. It mounts on the headrail or a flat surface. Recharge the wand with either the dual charging station or a single charger.
- Dual Charging Station: This station is recommended for the rechargeable battery wand. It offers the ability to charge two wands at once in three hours or less.
- Single Charger: Recharge the battery wand without removing it from the window treatment. It charges one rechargeable battery wand in two hours or less. The charging cable comes in various lengths.
- Internal Rechargeable Battery: This installs inside the shade's headrail and has a battery life of about 1 year. It is available for the following types of window treatments: Designer Screen, Designer Band Shades, Designer Roller, Alustra Architectural and Alustra Woven Textures Roller Shades.
- Alkaline Battery Wand: This wand charges the batteries without removing your window treatments from the window and has a battery life of about 1 year. It easily mounts on the front or rear of the headrail or inside the top or bottom rail of shutters.
- C-Size Satellite Battery Wand: This is an optional power source for most of the PowerView systems with a battery life that is approximately 3 years. It easily mounts to a wall or a sill.
- Satellite Battery Pack: This pack is optional for most systems, but is ideal for window treatments in high windows. Mount it to a wall or sill with ease.
- 16 Shade DC Power Supply: This is ideal for larger projects and one power supply can power up to 16 window treatments.
- 18V DC Power Supply: This one comes standard with traversing PowerView systems, but is an optional power source for most other systems. It plugs right into any standard household outlet.
Compatible Smart-Home Systems
The PowerView Gateway integrates with many of the most popular smart-home systems on the market. Here is a list of the most notable smart-home systems you can integrate with when you choose the smart motorized shades from Hunter Douglas.
Brilliant is an in-wall lighting and control system that makes it easy for homeowners to control their lighting, doorbells, locks, cameras, music, climate, scenes and more.
Clare provides smart wireless security that is unified with advanced smart home control. To add PowerView to Clare, you just need to navigate the ClareHome app and add a new device.
Control4 is a leading provider of automation solutions and lets you control most devices in a home or business.
Crestron manufactures and delivers advanced control and automation technology and their smart home solutions are fully integrated with the PowerView motorization system.
ELAN is one of the largest companies in custom home and commercial systems and through these systems lets you control PowerView motorization through a simple, intuitive interface on any smart device or PC from your home or anywhere you want that control.
RTI is a leading control systems manufacturer that offers innovative, user-friendly devices for professionally installed smart home systems.
Savant Systems manufacturers a wide range of professionally installed integrated solutions. They have an Apple-bases platform that easily integrates with PowerView.
URC provides complete control and automation systems to residential and commercial clients across the US and PowerView is easily compatible with URC's Total Control System.